This entry was posted on November 17, 2014 by USA Baby and Big Kids Too! Nashville.
Is it your baby's first Thanksgiving? If you have a baby at home who will be celebrating his or her first Thanksgiving this year, chances are good that you haven’t had a lot of extra time to plan to make the occasion special! So we’ve compiled a few simple ideas so that you can include your little one in the celebration and also commemorate it for years to come.
- For baby's first Thanksgiving meal, keep it simple by using the foods that are already on the menu. Stuffing, turkey and green beans are soft foods that should be easy for your older baby to eat simply by cutting them into small pieces. Then treat them to some sweet potatoes by setting aside a small cooked portion of them before you add the sugar, milk, butter or nuts to the sweet potato casserole; just cube or smash depending on their age.
- For a younger baby still on pureed foods, pureed pumpkin and butternut squash are great options that pack a healthy dose of nutrition too. For an easy yet delicious treat that everyone – young and old – will enjoy, make your own applesauce. Just peel, core and chop apples and cook in a slow cooker until soft. Add sugar and cinnamon to taste and then puree with an immersion blender. You can serve warm or cool depending on everyone’s personal preferences.
- Dress them up for the occasion! We carry adorable Thanksgiving sets from Mudpie that include bibs and a pacifier holder. These are especially perfect for adding the perfect festive touch to a fall outfit without having to purchase an outfit just for Thanksgiving Day!
- Baby’s First Thanksgiving is a great time to start family Thanksgiving traditions even though he or she will probably be too young to appreciate them this year. Here are a couple of our favorite traditions:
- Gratitude Books: Ask family members to write things they’re thankful for on small cards. Compile the cards each year, laminate them for added protection, hole punch them and then add them to a metal ring. Each year your family will enjoy flipping back through the previous years’ books.
- Thankful Tablecloth: Purchase a plain (white or colored) tablecloth and provide family members with permanent markers. Ask them to write something they’re thankful for directly onto the cloth and sign their name and the year next to it. When your kids are small, trace their hands with the markers and write their name and the date inside. Use this special tablecloth at Thanksgiving each year and be reminded of your blessings throughout the years.
How do you plan to celebrate your baby’s first Thanksgiving this year?
USA Baby and Big Kids Too! Nashville has over 50 complete and fully decorated baby & big kid room vignettes, from the most trusted brands, Baby’s Dream, Romina, Munire, Young America, Pin Creek Bedding, Kidsline, Glenna Jean, New Arrivals just to name a few. You’ll find the latest in convertible cribs, big kid beds and bunks, dressers, gliders, strollers, car seats & much more!
This entry was posted in PARENT TIPS, HOLIDAY IDEAS FOR BABIES AND BIG KIDS, Featured Products and tagged mudpie clothing; nashville mudpie, baby's first Thanksgiving on November 17, 2014 by USA Baby and Big Kids Too! Nashville.
← Previous Post
Next Post →