This entry was posted on August 23, 2014 by USA Baby and Big Kids Too! Nashville.
Preschools are starting back up again and if yours hasn’t already started you’re probably gearing up to begin just after Labor Day. If this is your child’s first year in a preschool program, you may be looking for a list of items they may need. Obviously most preschools will provide you with a more specific list of what you’ll need, so we’ve put together a simple list of “must-haves” to get you started:
- A preschool-sized backpack – These can often be harder to find because a backpack sized for a grade schooler will dwarf your child while his or her bag that you may have used for a Parents’ Day Out program may not be large enough to hold items like a folder or lunch bag. Look for backpack that has sturdy and comfortable straps for their shoulders and make sure they feel comfortable carrying it around without extra assistance. Stop in store and see our collection of backpacks for back to school!
- A lunch bag or lunch box – You’ll want to make sure that their lunch bag is small enough to fit into their backpack but big enough that you can easily pack and organize their food inside of it. We love (and of course, carry in-store) the Skip Hop Zoo Lunchie Insulated Lunch Bags. These adorable bags have a roomy main compartment for holding sandwiches, snacks and drinks and the insulated wipe-clean interior keep food cold. Come in and let your son or daughter pick out his or her favorite design!
- Reusable sandwich and snack containers – Be kind to the environment (and your wallet) by ditching the plastic bags and buying food bags that can be used over and over again. The Skip Hop Reusable Sandwich & Snack Bag Set will be a cute addition to your child’s lunch and can be easily washed and reused many times.
- A leak-proof cup – Skip Hop also makes a great Straw Bottle that will transition your preschooler from a sippy cup to a “big kid cup!” The flip-top lid ensures that their drinks won’t end up all over the inside of their lunch box. These cups are dishwasher safe and hold up to 12 ounces of liquid.
- A rest mat – Most preschools have rest time for the kids, but before purchasing a nap mat be sure to check with your specific preschool to see if they have any regulations about the size and specifications.
What else is on your preschool list? Stop by USA Baby & Big Kids Too! in Franklin to find the above mentioned products and see what else we have to offer for your preschooler!
USA Baby and Big Kids Too! Nashville has over 50 complete and fully decorated baby & big kid room vignettes, from the most trusted brands, Baby’s Dream, Romina, Munire, Young America, Pin Creek Bedding, Kidsline, Glenna Jean, New Arrivals just to name a few. You’ll find the latest in convertible cribs, big kid beds and bunks, dressers, gliders, strollers, car seats & much more!
This entry was posted in PARENT TIPS, Featured Products and tagged nashville Skip Hop, back to preschool list on August 23, 2014 by USA Baby and Big Kids Too! Nashville.
← Previous Post
Next Post →