This entry was posted on May 20, 2014 by USA Baby and Big Kids Too! Nashville.
Summer is almost here, pools will be opening soon and beach plans may be in your future! But even if you and your baby don’t have any big plans for the next few months, you still need to be ready for the high temperatures that are sure to arrive by June. Here are a few things you’ll need to have on hand to keep your baby safe, cool and prepared for summer:
- Cool, Breathable Clothing – Cotton is best for baby to allow cool air in and perspiration out. But you can do this without sacrificing style! USA Baby & Big Kids Too carries adorable pieces by Zutanos, Kickee Pants, Kissy Kissy, Mudpie and more that will keep your little one looking cute and feeling cool.
- Baby Sunglasses – Protect your baby from harmful UV rays with sunglasses made especially for him or her! We love the Babiators brand (and carry them in our store) because they offer 100% UVA and UVB protection and a lifetime guarantee!
- Sunscreen Safe for Babies – The Environmental Working Group provides an extensive list of sunscreens that are safe, safer and safest for your family, so if you need help deciding what is best for your baby, their website is a great place to start!
- Sunshades – Whether it’s a sunshade for your car window or additional shading for your stroller, keeping baby out of the sun whenever possible is the best idea. Many sunscreens aren’t recommended for babies under the age of 6 months, so it’s especially important to keep your newborn out of extended direct sunlight whenever possible. Stop in store to see all our sunshade options.
- Wide-brimmed Hat – Keep your little one’s face out of the sun as much as possible with a breathable cotton hat. Look for ones that have straps that fasten under their chin as most babies will thoroughly enjoy yanking them off as fast as you can put their on their heads! (We carry an adorable one by Zutano!)
Do you have any fun plans for your baby this summer? How do you plan to stay cool?
USA Baby and Big Kids Too! Nashville has over 50 complete and fully decorated baby & big kid room vignettes, from the most trusted brands, Baby’s Dream, Romina, Munire, Young America, Pin Creek Bedding, Kidsline, Glenna Jean, New Arrivals just to name a few. You’ll find the latest in convertible cribs, big kid beds and bunks, dressers, gliders, strollers, car seats & much more!
This entry was posted in PARENT TIPS and tagged Zutano clothing, summer baby tips, summer baby gear, mudpie clothing; nashville mudpie on May 20, 2014 by USA Baby and Big Kids Too! Nashville.
← Previous Post
Next Post →